Champaign County Companies
Who's doing business here now...
Champaign County is fortunate to have a diverse employment base. In addition to many farming operations employing local citizens and producing a huge amount of agricultural receipts, we have 15 employers in the county employing 200 or more people. Amazing for a county our size!
Major employers include:
- CRSI (support for developmentally disabled)
- KTH Parts Industries (Honda supplier)
- Honeywell Aerospace (aircraft lighting)
- Rittal Corporation (electrical enclosures)
- Honda of America Manufacturing (automobiles)
- Orbis Corporation (heavy-duty storage containers)
- R.T. Bundy Corporation (baking pans, commercial mixers)
- International Fiber Corporation (food-grade fiber producer)
- Johnson Welded Products (air brake reservoirs)
- Mercy Memorial Hospital/McAuley Center (healthcare)
Additional stable, well-paying jobs can be found within area school systems as well as county and village government.
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park